Board index Çalış çalış nereye kadar? der Karrierismus

Cover Letter Örneği

İş hayatı ile ilgili teknik-taktik varyasyonlar

New postby deep » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:38 am

İş başvuruları için kullandığım cover letter.

Belki düzeltilecek yerlerini düzeltip standart, proven bir örnek çıkarabiliriz.

Tabii bu şablon bir mektup, başvurulan pozisyona göre ufak düzeltmeler yapılması gerekebilir.

-------------------------

Dear Sir / Madam

Your advertisement in ... for the position of ... sparked my genuine interest.

Please accept this letter and the enclosed resume as my application for the position. Let me briefly explain how my strong IT expertise including over ... years experience match your requirements.

I am a dedicated IT professional primarily specialized in ... and technologies such as ....

Having Highly Skilled Migration Program (HSMP) visa, I am eligible to work in UK without any restriction.

I may attend interviews and start working any time after dd/mm/yyyy.

If you are interested in a determined IT professional with the required credentials and positive attitude, please give me a call.

Thank you for taking time to review my resume, I look forward to a favorable reply.
Sincerely

isim soyisim

mail@gmail.com

020 8144 xxx

36 XX Road, ... ... , London
deep
ROBERT PLANT

New postby skywalker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Benimki de aşağıdaki gibi. Şirketlere ve pozisyonlara göre ufak değişiklikler yapıyorum.

To whom it may concern,

I am very interested in joining your company.

I am an experienced Computer Engineer with an MBA degree. I am highly enthusiastic about using my quantitative skills in a business analysis related position. I feel that my experiences in both the workplace and MBA have given me the skills to make a valuable contribution to your company.

After developing software for four years, I wanted to go beyond developing systems and add a broader range of well rounded skills to my narrowly focused engineering skills. I am very excited about making decisions about companies or products that will add value to them. In my graduate studies, I have specialized in Marketing and Management subjects, which equipped me with tools and perspectives to analyze, understand, see insights and implications, and solve business related problems and improve the way businesses work.

Having Tier 1 (General) Highly Skilled Migrant Visa, I am eligible to work in UK without any restriction.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about my qualifications and discuss how I can make a valuable contribution to your company. I can be reached at +0000 or xxx@gmail.com. Thank you for your time and consideration.
skywalker

New postby hcho » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 am

@skywalker
Maas pazarligi nasil yapiyorsun bu cover letter'dan sonra? Bana mumkun olan en dusuk maasi onerin diye bagiriyor "After developing software" diye baslayan cumle.
Die Angst des Tormanns beim Elfmeter
hcho
BRUCE DICKINSON

New postby skywalker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Neden böyle dedin anlamadım? "Narrowly" kelimesinden mi?
skywalker

New postby hcho » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:26 am

O cumlenin tamamindan...Togurdum eksi dememek lazim, ozelliklerinizden, is tecrubenizden ya da eski isverenizden ne cover letterda ne is gormesinde negatif kelimeler kullanarak bahsetmeyin. Negatif kelimeler dusuk offer, zayiflamis pazarlik gucu olarak geri doner. Marketing dersiniz yok muydu MBAde?
hcho
BRUCE DICKINSON

New postby skywalker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 am

Hayır yoktu Marketing, sokakta öğrendim.

Bence bu negatif kelime değil, basit bir tespit, bilinen bir gerçek. Mühendisler teknik bir alana odaklanır orada uzmanlaşır, MBA ile de şirketler genel olarak nasıl işler nasıl yönetilir konusunda eğitim alır. Yani gerçekten de dar olan yetenek alanları genişler. Cümlede dar olan skill'leri genişlettim yazıyor, geniş olanı daralttım değil. O yüzden dediğinin tam aksine, negatife yorulabilecek bir kelime olmasına rağmen sonuçta bence bu tamamen olumlu bir cümle. Narrow'u negatif olarak görmüyorum. Yorum için teşekkürler.
skywalker

New postby skywalker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 am

Aşağıda da development için işlere başvururken kullandığım cover letter'ın ana paragrafı var. Bu iyileştirilebilir gibime geliyor. Mesela "live software" doğru terim mi çok emin değilim.

"For four years, I developed Accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning software having more than 40000 users, with a team of approximately 15 members. As I have done an MBA, I also made many valuable contributions in analysis and design of these software. I was also a member of the core team that designed the software architecture and the database. I was a part of three large software projects from the research phase to the release and maintenance phases, so I gained significant experience on software development cycles. I was responsible for all database operations and maintenance of live software running on high performance servers. Also, most of the time I worked with the outsourced company's development team that developed software to us, so I perfected my communication skills with clients."
skywalker

New postby hcho » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:30 am

Live software dogru.

Cumle olumsuz. Self deprecation kokuyor. Kendi kafanizdaki muhendis dar bir alana odaklanir fikrini potansiyel isvereninize de empoze etmeye calisiyorsunuz. Eger potansiyel isvereniniz bu fikir de degilse(ki olmama ihitmali %95) sizin calisma cevrenizi, isiniz dogru analiz edemediginizi dusunecektir.

Sokaktaki marketing mufreadtinda framing konusu yok sanirim.
hcho
BRUCE DICKINSON

New postby skywalker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 am

Ne arar.. :(

Ben hala kıyaslamaya business context'inden bakarsak mühendislerin skill'lerinin dar (programlama), işletmecilerin ise geniş olduğunu düşünüyorum (yönetim, operasyon, pazarlama, finans, vs). Yine de belki daha olumlu görünen bir cümle içinde anlatılabilir, düşünmek lazım.
skywalker

Return to der Karrierismus